Search engine optimization is these days more important than ever and it’s important for each webmaster to understand the actual meaning of seo in addition to the potential it creates for each organisation.
What is SEO?
Seo or search engine optimization in brief, is a set of rules that can be followed via website (or blog) owners to optimize their web sites for search engines like google and yahoo and consequently enhance their search engine rankings.
similarly, it is an excellent way to increase the quality of their web sites by making them user- friendly, quicker and easier to navigate.
Seo can also be considered as a framework since the entire procedure has a number of rules (or guidelines), a number of levels and a set of controls.
Why is SEO important?
In nowadays’s competitive market, seo is more important than ever. search engines serve millions of customers per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their issues.
When you have a web site, blog or online store, search engine optimization can help your business grow and meet the business targets.
Seo is important because:
- Seo is not only about search engines however good search engine optimization practices enhance the user experience and usability of a web site.
- The majority of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top five tips in the results pages (serps), so that you can take benefit of this and gain visitors to your web site or clients to your on-line store you need to in the top positions.
- search engine optimization is good for the social promotion of your web site. people who find your web site via searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on facebook, Twitter, Google+ or different social media channels.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the consumer is searching, increases the web site’s trust.
- Seo can put you ahead of the competition. If web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
- Search engine optimization is important for the easy running of a big web site. web sites with more than one author can advantage from search engine optimization in a direct and indirect way. Their direct advantage is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect advantage is having a common framework (checklists) to apply before publishing content on the site.
An introduction to SEO for beginners:
For beginners to search engine optimization the above definition may sound complex, in easier terms seo is a manner to enhance your website so one can appear toward the top positions within the search results of Google, Yahoo, Bing or other search engines.
When you perform a search on Google (or every other search engine) the order via which the returning results are displayed, is based on complicated algorithms.
These algorithms take various of factors into account to decide which web page have to be shown inside the first place, 2nd place and so on.
Optimizing your web site for search engines will give you an advantage over non-optimized websites and you increase your chances to rank higher.
What can you do to get more links?
That’s a superb question and i am sure that if you search the internet for that phrase you will get hundreds of different solutions.
You should forget about about building links and give attention to creating good excellent content on your web site.
Good content will get you natural links which in turn will give you good ratings and visitors.
In case you try to buy links or get them the easy manner (read this: guest posting for links), you can have a temporary success and then see your web site disappearing from the top pages after the next Google update.
What is the difference of SEO and Internet marketing?
Search engine optimization is one of the tools available in your internet marketing arsenal.
It is not internet marketing as such however it could be a part of your overall internet marketing campaign which normally consists of other things like social media promotion, content method and so on.
Good content is still the most important success factor with or without SEO:
You need to have very clear in your mind that search engine optimization cannot help you if you don’t have good content.
In different words if you try to seo a website with not very good content your chances of succeeding (in the long term) are minimum.
Alternatively, a website with good content can do well without or with seo. search engine optimization will just provide the web site an extra boost.
SEO is a must for every web property:
Seo or search engine optimization is a way to optimize your website so that search engines will understand it better and give you higher rankings.
It is essential since a good seo approach can drive more traffic to your website, blog or online store and gain more clients, make sales and fulfil your business motive.