Job type: Permanent
We’re looking for an Email Delivery Engineer to join our growing team at Rccess. This role will help ensure we can continue to grow and face the challenges of delivering email at a very large scale. You will be collaborating across departments, working with fellow engineers within our platform, feature development and service operations teams to ensure maximized email delivery of our customer’s messages. You should have an appreciation for the importance of investments made into such marketing campaigns, and a drive to deliver technology solutions that ensure maximum return for our clients.
Ideally you have previously worked for a major ESP or email technology company.
- Configuring and managing email servers and MTAs
- Working alongside our Deliverability team on designing timelines and configuration plans to warm new IP addresses for email purposes
- Monitoring and reporting delivery statistics and metrics to internal and external audiences
- Implementing and improving error reporting and monitoring mechanisms
- Make data driven decisions to improve our delivery infrastructure
- Ensure compliance with key postmasters and email authentication mechanisms
- Monitor and react to blacklists
- Designing and implementing IP segmentation strategies for managing sending reputation
- Ensure best use of IP address reputation based upon customer history
- Managing projects to improve or upgrade the sending infrastructure
- Monitor returned email to ensure bounce and reply classifications are accurate
- Seeking and maintaining communication channels to technical help at mailbox providers and internet service providers, building relationships where necessary.
- Managing relationships with third party email deliverability and monitoring service providers
- Implementing best practices related to email delivery from competitors, postmasters, service providers, and independent sources
- Proactively working with Product, Feature Development and Platform teams to improve the platform by identifying software features that can improve email delivery. Scoping these changes our where necessary.
- Documenting the delivery infrastructure and configuration changes
Experience & skills
- Knowledge of SMTP and email servers, previous experience with PowerMTA would be a bonus
- Knowledge of dig or nslookup
- Previous experience with Linux
- Understanding of DKIM and SPF
- Communication skills with an ability to build close relationships with other areas of consulting, deliverability and compliance
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and existing systems
- Creativity to resolve problems and identify new product solutions
- Ability to clearly articulate questions and design specifications
- Working to service level agreements, especially those that relate to Delivery